Thursday, September 30, 2010

Black Thursday

Well it has been dubbed Black Thursday today 30th September 2010. I'm old enough to remember Black Monday in 1987. Worrying times. A lot of uncertainty, but in our small country my generation born late 50's early 60's are probably the first generation in the history of the state to have known such plenty. Well the party's over but that's okay. Hard times for lots of people but there will always be highs and lows and we will come out of this. It's just have we hit the bottom or are we still in Freefall. We don't know. Remains to be seen. I gather a lot of the other nations, particularly in Europe are resentful of our years of excess. What can I say. No excuse. Just that by our very nature, we live for today. Maybe we do everything a little bit to the extreme. But then that's the side of us that makes us the craic! Hopefully things will get better. Keep you posted.

B.T.W. Bill Clinton was at University College Dublin today. A most welcome visitor who will not be forgotten for the part he played in the Peace Process.

1 comment:

  1. You asked me yesterday if Ireland is in the news here much...and I said, yes when the weather is bad...but we did hear about the financial crisis. You and Greece.

    But, perhaps I hear more because I always listen to the BBC news. I honestly found myself worrying about you, and pretty much the only Irish person I know.

    ReplyDelete